Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stanley's First Trip


Last weekend, the band had a run of shows in Florida. It was Stanley's first trip out of the back of a book and he was excited to get somewhere warm! We spent time in Ocala, Tampa, and Tallahassee. The most exciting stop was Tampa, where the band performed for 9,000 people at Winter Jam. One of the coolest things about the night was that Stanley got to meet Hunter Smith, the punter for the Indianapolis Colts. Hunter also plays in the group Connersvine. Stanley loves football and was so nervous around Hunter that he didn't say a word. I don't know much about football, but I had to do all the talking. Hunter was really nice and even took a picture with us. Thanks Hunter!

7 comments:

Christi said...

That is pretty dang sweet. I hope that one day I can meet Stanley.

Unknown said...

hey tjanks for coming to Tuscaloosa I had lots of fun hanging out with yall!
Bo

Rachel said...

thats funny you just posted this...cause i belive it was yesterday also that Bart of Mercy Me posted a blog about Flat Stanleys trip... www.mercyme.org/blog :)

Cassie said...

aww how nice of you to let Stanley out of the book that is so nice :)

Jaime said...

LOL, I love Flat Stanley!
I actually have my own that I've sent on trips all over the world. :D Maybe ours could meet one day? ;)

chriswaslost said...

Thanks for coming to Tallahassee. I know it was kind of thrown together at the last minute, but honestly, I enjoyed it more than any other show I've been to in a while. My brother-in-law came with some reservations, but you defied all of his expectations of a Christian rock band. I appreciate the openness and authenticity in your music, and I'm looking forward to the new album. All the best...

StrangelyNormalSteph said...

I know this is kind of month late to say so, but you guys ROCKED Winter Jam in Tampa! (as much as I love BarlowGirl, I'm so glad ya'll got to come perform instead =P)