Thursday, May 15, 2008

Where do I start?


It's been a few weeks since my last blog. My mind has been other places. On April 30th,at 5:17pm, my wife gave birth to our second daughter Claire Lillian Hammitt. the labor and delivery went very well, and our baby was seemingly healthy. After a week at home, I departed for England to perform at a one day music festival called the Ultimate Event. That evening I called Sarah to say goodnight and was surprised by the news that she was in the hospital with our new baby Claire. Claire had developed a fever and wasn't eating well so they went to the ER. Turns out that she had an ear infection which is very rare for a newborn. So my wife and I have spent the past week in the hospital waiting for all the tests and treatments to be completed. The latest report is that she will be fine, but they have discovered that she has sleep apnea. So they will hopefully send us home tomorrow with a breathing monitor. Being in the NICU has really opened my eyes to how blessed we are. So many babies and parents deal with much more than we have been through. Please keep us and all these babies in your prayers.

13 comments:

nate said...

Congratulations Matt!
I'm sorry to hear of the complications...that must be hard on you guys. I will not forget to keep little Claire and you both in my prayers.

andra said...

Congrats Matt! She is BEAUTIFUL!
I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sarah B. said...

Congratuation! She's very cute!
I'll keep your family in my prayers

Rockermom said...

Hey Matt

Thanks for posting the blog, I know it must be the last thing on your mind with so much going on. Claire is gorgeous, just like her big sis Emmy and mom. The Hammitt family has been in our prayers and will continue to be. Wishing you the best with much love,

Be blessed!

Rockermom

Holly said...

Congratulations, and you all are in my prayers.

Angie said...

Matt,
Congratulations - what a blessing! Claire and the entire Hammitt family will be in my prayers . I know how difficult it can be to have a newborn in the NICU. Six years ago our daughter spent three and a half weeks
there. How awesome to have the prayers and support of fellow believers!
God Bless!

Unknown said...

Matt & Sarah,

Claire is beautiful! We will remember you all in our prayers!

Lisa & Craig

Angie said...

Matt,

How is Claire doing?

-Angie

StrangelyNormalSteph said...

Aww, she's so precious! I'll remember to keep ya'll in my prayers though, this doesn't sound great...

Cherylyn. said...

what a gloriously gorgeous little girl!
Claire is beyond precious, matt!!
i'll be praying my little heart out for her.... I hope that she's been getting more & more healthy & strong each day.
congratulations, friend.

<3
cherylyn.

Cassie said...

She is indeed gorgeous Matt! I hope her ear infection is over with! No preasure, but you havent blogged in awhile. :) We want to hear how youre doing!

Her Royal Highness, Queen World Changer said...

Hi Matt! Greetings from Arizona! Hope that by now, early June, that things are looking up for your little one! =) --Lori George

Rach said...

Hey Matt, what a absolutely beautiful baby. She is gorgeous. You guys will definitely be in my daily prayers. xoxo