Saturday, December 29, 2007

Eight: RIPA!


Ripa! That’s what I named this picture. I’m sure I’ll get mixed reactions by admitting that I love waking up to LIVE with Regis and Kelly. With my cup of coffee in hand and plate of eggs on the table (made by my lovely wife Sarah :)). I laugh out loud at the corny comedy and awkward co-host chemistry. Well, enough of that. Here’s how this picture happened…

The band and I were walking trough Central Park in New York City on a day off. As we were passing a side trail, I saw none other than Kelly Ripa walking towards us out of the corner of my eye. I called out to the guys and told them as discretely as possible that I was going to talk to her. As she came closer I made the “sorry to bother you!” face and, surprise, surprise, said, “I’m sorry to bother you! But would you be willing to take a picture with me?” She politely stopped and said, “Sure!” As she took out her ipod headphones I pulled my digital camera from its nerdy belt case. After snapping a picture, I asked her what she was listening to on her ipod. She chuckled and told me she was listening to Madonna. I said, “Just wondering, thanks!” and she smiled and went on her way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt,
This Is A rather nice picture of
you and Mrs.Ripa.As I was looking at this wonderful photo i thought to myself,"has anyone told Matt that he looks like RYAN GOSLING?
(The Notebook)

audrey hiebel said...

That's so cool. But wouldn't it be funny if she said "Oh, Sanctus Real...They're my favorite!... Oh my gosh! you're Matt Hammitt!"