Thursday, December 27, 2007

Seven: Fast Cars


Today I organized the entire contents of my computer, several hundred files that I hadn’t organized for over a year. Amongst them I found old song demos, lyrics, and pictures that I had completely forgotten about. I picked a few of my favorite pictures and decided to use them for my next couple of blogs.

The picture above is probably my favorite of Steven Curtis Chapman and I. It was taken in Charlotte, North Carolina on the Winter Jam tour in February of ’07. Eddie Carswell (of Newsong) took some of us to the Richard Petty Experience at Charlotte Motor Speedway. I have a certificate of how fast I drove somewhere at home, but I think it was about 128 mph. You can imagine that I was on an adrenaline high at the time. I can’t claim to be a big NASCAR fan, but I gained a lot more respect for the drivers that day. We also had a chance to visit the camp for special needs children that was built in honor of Adam Petty after he passed away in a racing accident. It was uplifting to see what an escape it was for kids who went there. After touring Camp Victory and driving fast cars, I topped off the day by performing at Cricket Arena in front of over 10,000 people. Now you know why I love this picture.

No comments: